The Science of Reading Intervention Program BUNDLE
The Science of Reading Intervention Program provides a complete 55-minutes-per-day, year-long, accelerated program for grades 4–adult students. This comprehensive program consists of three instructional components: Word Recognition, Language Comprehension, and Assessment-based Instruction.
The program is designed for intensive reading intervention and is ideal for EL, ESL, Special Education students. It is also a great option for students in continuation school settings or community college and adult literacy programs with self-paced instructional modules.
Your grades 4-adult reading intervention students will master decoding (phonics) and encoding (spelling) with this scripted program. No need to take 160 hours of LETRS training, nor earn OG certification... Even beginning reading teachers will achieve success and learn as they as they teach. No prep, no outside correction. Easy to teach. Written by a teacher (MA reading specialist) for teachers and their students to improve struggling readers' reading as quickly as possible.
First Half of the Year Program (55 minutes-per-day, 18 weeks)
The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Word Recognition features the easy-to-teach, no prep 5 Daily Google Slide Activities . Both teachers and students are provided their own sets of slides for each lesson. If digital devices are not available, no worries. Print copies of the student slides are included in the program
5 Daily Google Slide Activities (Over 3,000 Google Slides with Print Options)
- Phonemic Awareness and Morphology: Advanced phonemic awareness drills and Greek and Latin Anchor Words to help students learn the high frequency prefixes, roots, and suffixes (5 Minutes).
- Blending, Segmenting, and Spelling: Sounds to Print: Say it! Write It! Read It! phonics lessons. Continuous blending of 4-8 words to learn phonetically regular focus sound-spellings and 2 Heart Words per lesson, plus syllable and spelling rules (10 Minutes). Includes audio and video files.
- Sounds and Spellings Practice: Independent practice with text box typing and drag and drop activities for the focus sound-spellings (10 Minutes).
- Heart Words Practice: Independent practice with text box typing and drag and drop activities for the 2 words with phonetically irregular sound-spellings (5 Minutes).
- Sam and Friends Phonics Books: Decodable stories with teenage characters and plots for each daily lesson with comprehension questions, margin annotations, and word fluency practice. Beautifully illustrated by noted comic artist, David Rickert. Google Slides, Tablet, Chromebook, and Phone Formats (25 Minutes)
Plus, Sound Boxes and Personal Sound Walls for weekly review practice.
PREVIEW THE WORD RECOGNITION INSTRUCTIONAL COMPONENTS (includes 2 complete Google Slide lessons)
Second Half of the Year Programs (55 minutes-per-day, 18 weeks)
The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Language Comprehension resources are designed for students who have completed the word recognition program or have demonstrated basic mastery of the alphabetic code and can read with some degree of fluency. The program features the 5 Weekly Language Comprehension Activities:
- Background Knowledge Mentor Texts Bell Ringers
- Vocabulary Worksheets: Academic Language, Greek and Latin Morphology, Figures of Speech, Connotations, Multiple Meaning Words with the Diagnostic Academic Language Assessment for Placement
- Syntax in Reading
- Reading Comprehension Strategies and Expository Articles with Inferential Questions
- Literacy Knowledge (Narrative and Expository) for 30 minutes-per-day Reading and Writing Instruction and Practice.
To supplement the language comprehension program (and create a 55 minutes-per-day reading intervention class), The Science of Reading Intervention Program: Assessment-based Instruction provides diagnostically-based instructional resources to individualize instruction in 25 minutes-per-day.
Even though students have completed the word recognition program, some students and new transfer students will need second-chance instruction with more intense tutoring and practice in easily-managed small groups and independent practice.
The program includes 13 comprehensive assessments and matching instructional resources to fill in yet-to-be-mastered gaps with small group and individualized instruction.
- Phonemic Awareness
- Alphabetic Awareness
- Expository Reading Fluency (with YouTube modeled readings and timing sheets)
- Heart Words and Phonics Games
- Spelling Pattern
- Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics
- Syllabication and Morphology
- Executive Function Skills
Here's what teachers are saying...
"I love the assessments. The students were much more willing to try when they understood that they would work on skills they as individuals were missing. The program is structured so that I can easily work with a small group or individual as needed to fill instructional gaps."
"An extensive product suitable for students of all ages. Love that it is suitable testing and resources for older students with reading difficulties- there are too few suitable resources for this age group. Reading passages are appealing with attached ideas on how to best target each one."
"Perfect for my ESL students!"
"I am an Instructional Coach and am responsible for running RtI groups, this is the perfect resource that I have been looking for! Thank you so much for creating it!"
"The Sam and Friends Books are just what my struggling middle school and high school readers need!"
This is a great product for teaching grammar and mechanics. I like how it allows for students to achieve mastery. It has great step by step directions for teaching the skills as well as help on differentiating instruction. It seems overwhelming when you first look at it, but once you take "10 minutes" to figure it out, it's awesome!
The Diagnostic Academic Language Assessment (thank you for the Google forms!) placed my students right where they need to learn. The vocabulary worksheets cover every one of the comprehensive Anchor Standards for Language 4, 5, and 6. So well done!
We Also Recommend