Terms and Conditions
Last Updated September 9, 2021
All sales are final. Since each product includes the entire contents as digital files, no returns of digital nor print products are permitted. Thank you for your understanding.
The Publisher makes no representation or warranties of any kind, including but not limited to, the warranties of fitness for particular purpose or merchantability, nor are any such representations implied with respect to the material set forth herein, and the publisher takes no responsibility with respect to such material. The publisher shall not be liable for any special, consequential, or exemplary damages resulting, in whole or part, for the readers’, teachers', staff members', or students’ reliance upon, this material.
For digital downloads: In the event of lost files, Pennington Publishing will re-send the digital files of any purchased book or the activation code for any app upon email request. Please provide the book or app title, your name or school, the invoice number and/or the date of purchase.
Your License to use our app is subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any agreement entered into by your organization relating to the app, Pennington Publishing grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access and use the app in perpetuity. You shall not (a) copy the apo any part, feature, function or user interface thereof (b) use the app to store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the app or its related systems or networks; and (d) reverse engineer the App (to the extent such restriction is permitted by law).
Last Updated September 9, 2021
The e-Comments Chrome Extension uses Google Sign-In and Google Drive purely for the purpose of allowing the user to save and sync comment data between devices that they are logged into. Only the user has access to this data, except for comment data which the user chooses to share. Pennington Publishing has no access to personally-identifiable data shared in any
Google apps by means of the e-Comments Chrome extension; thus,
no data is shared for commercial purposes.
Use of the e-Comments Chrome Extension by Students
The e-Comments Chrome Extension does not facilitate the transmission or storage of data on any device other than the user's personal devices and Google Drive account, except when the user chooses to post comments on a shared Google Doc or Slide file.
Teachers, parents, and legal guardians assume full responsibility and complete liability for monitoring Students' use of the e-Comments Chrome extension and the data children share via the Google apps or by any other means
of transmission. Pennington Publishing has no access to the personally-identifiable data of children nor adults. Thus, no data is examined, nor shared for commercial purposes.
When using a license for multiple users, also known as a group or site license, only the single license holder who purchased the e-Comments Chrome Extension or authorized designee shares email contact information with Pennington Publishing to activate the license. The purchaser or designee activates the users' accounts via their respective emails. Pennington Publishing
has no access to user emails.
Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated September 9, 2021
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out a list of acceptable and unacceptable conduct for our e-Comments Chrome Extension herein referred to as the "app." If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, the app or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access. This policy may change as the e-Comments Chrome Extension updates and evolves, so please check back regularly for updates and changes. Capitalized terms used below but not defined in this policy have the meaning set forth in the Terms and Conditions.
All users of the e-Comments Chrome Extension agree to the following:
- comply with our Terms and Conditions, including the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy;
- comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property, data, privacy, and export control laws, and regulations promulgated by any government agencies, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and any rules of any national and other securities exchanges;
- upload and disseminate only Customer Data to which Customer owns all required rights under law and under contractual and fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) and do so only consistent with applicable law;
- use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the app;
- keep passwords and all other login information confidential;
- monitor and control all activity conducted through your account in connection with the app;
- promptly notify us if you become aware of or reasonably suspect any illegal or unauthorized activity or a security breach involving your accounts or teams, including any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of a username, password, or account; and
- comply in all respects with all applicable terms of the third-party applications, including any that Customer elects to integrate with the App that you access or subscribe to in connection with the app.
All users of the e-Comments Chrome Extension agree not to do the following:
- permit any third party that is not an Authorized User to access or use a username or password for the app;
- share, transfer or otherwise provide access to an account designated for you to another person;
- use the app to store or transmit any Customer Data that may infringe upon or misappropriate someone else’s trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property, or that may be tortious or unlawful;
- upload to, or transmit from, the App any data, file, software, or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other harmful component or a technology that unlawfully accesses or downloads content or information stored within the App or on the hardware of Kami or any third party;
- attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, hack, disable, interfere with, disassemble, modify, copy, translate, or disrupt the features, functionality, integrity, or performance of the app (including any mechanism used to restrict or control the functionality of the app), any third party use of the App, or any third party data contained therein (except to the extent such restrictions are prohibited by applicable law);
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the app or related systems or networks or to defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, or otherwise circumvent any software protection or monitoring mechanisms of the app;
- access the app in order to build a similar or competitive product or service or copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the app;
- use the app in any manner that may harm minors or that interacts with or targets people under the age of thirteen;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an employee of ours, an “Administrator”, an “Owner”, or any other Authorized User, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, organization or entity;
- use the app to provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act or other laws and regulations concerning national security, defense or terrorism;
- access, search, or create accounts for the app by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- place any advertisements;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more credit than deserved;
- sublicense, resell, time share or similarly exploit the app;
- use the app for consumer purposes;
- use contact or other user information obtained from the app (including email addresses) to contact Authorized Users outside of the app without their express permission or authority or to create or distribute mailing lists or other collections of contact or user profile information for Authorized Users for use outside of the app; or
- authorize, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
Contacting Pennington Publishing