Reading and Spelling Game Cards
The 586 Reading and Spelling Game Cards (sold in packs of ten) have been designed to support explicit and systematic phonics-based reading and spelling instruction. Keyed to the Teaching Reading Strategies reading intervention program, the game cards can also supplement any reading or spelling program. For example, the game cards use each of the sound-spellings found in the Open Court programs.
The game cards are heavy duty cardstock with writable surfaces to allow students to add rare sound-spellings and additional spelling words. The cards are business card size, so they are ideal for spreading out on small surface areas (such as student desks) to play blending and spelling games. Game instructions are downloadable with your purchase.
Reading and Spelling Game Cards include FREE SHIPPING for online orders. Please add 10% shipping/handling for all purchase orders.
Each game card set includes the following:
- 43 animal sound-spelling vowel, vowel team, and consonant cards
- 45 consonant blend cards
- 60 alphabet cards (including upper and lower case with font variations)
- 90 rimes cards with example words
- 108 sight-spelling "outlaw" word cards
- 60 high frequency Greek and Latin prefix and suffix cards with definitions and example words
- 60 vowel and vowel team spelling cards
- 90 consonant and consonant blend spelling cards
- 30 commonly confused homonyms with context clue sentences
- 60 most-often misspelled challenge word cards
The Reading and Spelling Game Cards are used for explicit and systematic phonics instruction and practice. The Teaching Reading Strategies reading intervention program (by the same author) provides whole class instruction, small group assessment-based instruction with 13 diagnostic assessments and targeted activities and worksheets, a complete fluency program using YouTube expository modeled readings at three different speeds and levels, and a complete comprehension program. Also check out the corresponding set of 54 Sam and Friends Phonics Books.
Your students will love these game cards!
We Also Recommend
Reading Fluency and Comprehension Toolkit (an eBook component of Teaching Reading Strategies)
Sam and Friends Phonics Books (Guided Reading eBooks to Accompany Teaching Reading Strategies)